Prep Time: 40 Minutes | Source: www.thymeforcooking.com
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 savoy cabbage, about 2 cups, sliced
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs minced ginger
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Chop onion.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Cut carrot into matchsticks.
- Remove outer, dark green leaves from cabbage. Cut a slice off the cabbage, cut the slice into thirds, then slice thinly.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, ginger, garlic, chicken and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add rice, carrot, cabbage and stir-fry 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock, soy sauce, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, (until rice is done) stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve from the skillet.