Chickpea and Brussels Sprouts Stuffed Acorn Squash
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 medium acorn squash halved and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup small brussels sprouts halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- With a knife, make 5-10 slits on the inside of each half of the squash. Rub 1
tablespoon of olive oil over both sides of the squash. Season with salt and
pepper. Place the squash, cut side down, in a small baking dish and pour ¼ cup
of water in the bottom of the dish. Bake for 45 minutes, until easily pierced
with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Sauté for
3-4 minutes, then add the Brussels sprouts. Sauté for 3-4 more minutes, until
- Add the garlic, chickpeas and cumin. Set aside.
- Remove the squash from the oven and mash the insides with a fork. Add the Brussels sprouts
stuffing to each half.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.