Yield: 4-6 Servings | Prep Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes | Source: www.food.com
- 2 cups chicken bouillon, more if needed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, more if desired
- 4-6 red potatoes, unpeeled (quartered or cut into small chunks)
- 1sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 – 2 cups baby carrots
- In large baking dish with lid, place all ingredients. *There should be enough liquid to just cover.
- Cover and bake in 350ºF oven for about 2 hours or until very tender.
- Stir occasionally.
*If you substitute chicken broth for the bouillon, you will need to add salt.
**You can remove veggies from broth and thicken to a gravy if desired. To make it into gravy, bring the broth to a low boil in a small frying pan or saucepan.
Add 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water. Pour in and stir for 1-2 minutes. It will thicken immediately.
Add slowly to get the desired thickness of gravy. You may not need it all or may want to add even more. (Thicken it to your own liking).
***You can also make this on the stove quickly if desired. Bring to a boil, then simmer until veggies are tender. About 20-30 minutes.