Servings | Prep Time: 35
Minutes | Source: www.italianfoodforever.com
- 1 Pound Green Beans
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Finely Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- Sea Salt
- Zest From 1 Lemon
- Trim the beans on each end, and then core the peppers, removing the seeds and membranes, and slice thinly.
- Cook the beans and pepper strips in salted boiling water until tender crisp.
- Drain, and drop the vegetables in a bowl of ice water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain beans and dry well.
- In a wide bottomed pan, heat the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the garlic and cook just until sizzling, then add the beans and peppers.
- Cook for a minute or two unto the beans are flavored with the oil mixture and are warm.
- Add the lemon zest and fresh thyme and toss to mix well.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.