Yield: 8 servings | Time: 20 Minutes | Source: epicurious.com
- 2 cups drained canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin, plus a sprinkling for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.