Yield: 8 Servings | Source: www.pku.com
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot minced (about 2 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. parsnips, peeled and cut into very small dice
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, w/o stems, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco®
- 8 large lettuce leaves (iceberg)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot add oil, shallot, and garlic. Stir gently for 90 seconds and add the parsnips and shiitakes.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring every couple of minutes, until parsnips and mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Increase heat to high and add ¼ cup of water, soy sauce and Tabasco. Stir constantly until all excess liquid has all evaporated.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Divide among lettuce leaves and fold or roll to make wraps.