Yield: 6 Servings | Prep Time: 40min | Source: www.thespruceeats.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 leeks, white and green parts (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped fine)
- 3 med. potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 knob of celery root (peeled and chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme, marjoram, or basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley, dill, or chervil for garnish
- In large 4 or 5-quart pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, leek and garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes, celery root and bay leaf.
- Stir the vegetables, and then add the stock.
- Bring the soup to a boil, cover the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add the thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and puree soup with a vertical blender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs.