French Grated Carrot Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt heaping
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- Grate the carrots in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, vegetable oil,
olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the carrots, fresh parsley and scallions (or
shallots) and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
Depending on the sweetness of the carrots, you may want to add more or less
honey. Also, if you make this salad ahead of time, be sure to check the
seasoning again before serving as the flavors tend to mellow.