Apple Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 8 cups red leaf lettuce chopped (about 1 head)
- 1 medium apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup walnuts halved, roasted, then roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl combine the lettuce, apples, red onions, walnuts, and feta. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve immediately. You’ll have leftover vinaigrette, which can be refrigerated in an airtight container for at least one week, if not more.