- 1 lb. organic ground chicken or turkey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 2-3 mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs chopped (I like basil and parsley)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Wash and very finely chop the onion, mushrooms, and fresh herbs.
- Combine the ground chicken, chopped vegetables and herbs, and spices in a mixing bowl. Mix with a large wooden spoon or your hands until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into four separate patties and flatten each patty to be 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Barbecue on the grill for 5-7 minutes each side or cook in a cast iron skillet on the stove for 10-12 minutes each side.