Green Beans With Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 5 1/2 tsp olive oil divided
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh orange juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and add green beans. Cook beans for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, and drain. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring constantly.
- Combine the shallots, lemon rind, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Slowly add 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, stirring well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans, tossing gently to coat.