Zuppa Toscana Creamy Potato & Kale Soup with Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Italian Sausage
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion Diced
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Russet potatoes Thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Kale Finely chopped
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- Salt and pepper To taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Brown the sausage until no longer pink.
- Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onions a translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and kale.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve.