Potato, Leek, and Celery Root Soup
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Sweet onion Peeled and chopped
- 3 Leeks Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely chopped
- 3 Med Potatoes Peeled and chopped
- 1 Knob Celery Root Peeled and chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Quarts Vegetable stock or water
- 1 Tbsp Thyme, Marjoram, or Basil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In large 4 or 5-quart pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, leek and garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped potatoes, celery root and bay leaf.
- Stir the vegetables, and then add the stock.
- Bring the soup to a boil, cover the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add the thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and puree soup with a vertical blender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs.