Roasted Anaheim Pepper Salsa
- 4-6 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Anaheim peppers
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 Limes Juiced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro leaves Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Start the grill and make sure it gets up to temperature. If using an oven, preheat it to 425 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic on grill. (Using a grill wok for the smaller vegetables can be handy). A baking sheet will work for the oven just fine. Gently drizzle olive oil on the vegetables.
- Roast on the grill until vegetables become tender and begin to show a nice color. (About 15 minutes).For the oven, roast veggies on baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.
- Let roasted vegetables cool about 5 minutes. Then dice them up to your desired size. A food processor can also be used to achieve a less chunky consistency.
- Combine all of the diced vegetables in a large bowl, add in lime juice and cilantro until desired consistency. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow salsa to chill for at least an hour before serving.