Roasted Corn and Basil Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4-6 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Corn
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Basil Ribbons
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Grated Cheese Your favorite kind will work
- Start by taking the husk off of your fresh corn. Using a knife, slice the kernels off of the cob. Wash and dry your kernels of corn.
- Place corn in a sturdy non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat with no oil or butter. Let sit for 3-4 minutes and stir. Repeat until corn gets nice and brown on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off and carefully scoop out the flesh, reserving the flesh in a separate bowl. Set whole tomatoes aside. Crush the tomato flesh with the back of a spoon or in a food processor until there are no large chunks. Don’t totally puree it – just chop/mash it up.
- Combine the mashed tomato mixture, brown rice, basil, corn and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add a small handful of the shredded cheese, reserving some for topping. Stir it all together until well-mixed.
- Preheat broiler. Stuff the whole tomatoes with the tomato, rice, and corn mixture until rounded on the top. Top with shredded cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese reaches desired melt level and tomatoes are heated through. A cupcake tin works great for holding your tomatoes as they broil!