Yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Source: www.pinchofyum.com
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a handful of fresh basil ribbons
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese
- Husk corn cob. Wash and dry the corn. Slice corn off the cob. Place corn in a sturdy non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium high heat with no oil or butter. Let sit for 3-4 minutes and stir. Repeat until corn gets nice and brown on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off and carefully scoop out the flesh, reserving the flesh in a separate bowl. Set whole tomatoes aside. Crush the tomato flesh with the back of a spoon or in a food processor until there are no large chunks. Don’t totally puree it – just chop/mash it up.
- Combine the mashed tomato mixture, brown rice, basil, corn and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add a small handful of the shredded cheese, reserving some for topping. Stir it all together until well-mixed.
- Preheat broiler. Stuff the whole tomatoes with the tomato, rice, and corn mixture until rounded on the top. Top with shredded cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese reaches desired meltiness and tomatoes are heated through.