Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 1 Hour | Source: eatingwell.com
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup regular pearled barley
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 LB sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾” pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup snipped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup snipped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- In a medium saucepan combine the water and barley. Bring to a boil. Stir in wild rice; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until tender. Drain off any excess water.
- Meanwhile, place a 15×10-inch baking pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ½ tablespoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Carefully spread potatoes in heated pan. Roast 25 minutes or until tender and brown, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- In a serving dish combine wild rice mixture, sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add parsley, green onions and rosemary; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils.